Homeshield Property Mangement conducts business in accordance with the Federal and State Fair Housing Law and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, handicap/disability, familial status, marital status, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, source of income, citizenship, immigration status, primary language spoken, any arbitrary characteristic, perception, association, or any other basis protected by Federal, California, or local law.
We process applications using the requirements below and select the most qualified tenant. *Application fees are $45 and are non-refundable. We incur these costs through our third-party screening company. We process applications typically within 1-3 business days, and our goal is to have an answer to you within 2-3 business days. Please allow for some time for an update. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Each applicant will be screened for credit history, leasing history, income verification, and criminal history.
Your lease start date is a determining factor. We are looking for the tenant to move in as soon as possible no later than 10 days from the application processing start date. We do make exceptions, please reach out to discuss your specific situation and to verify that we will approve your lease start date before you apply.
To process your application, we will need you to provide us with the following:
1. A fully completed application: All tenants 18+ that will be living at the property must complete our online application and pay the $45 application fee. The application fee is paid through the tenant application website via credit card. Please make sure you have completed all fields as we will only process completed applications.
2. Government ID/ Drivers License: We will need a photocopy attached to the online application
3. Proof of income for all applicants: Combined tenant monthly income must be 2.5 times that of the monthly rents to be considered to lease one of our properties. We will need proof of legal income to verify that you meet our rent to income ratio requirement.
Requirements to lease one of our homes:
- Credit/ FICO score of 650 minimum
- Monthly gross income a minimum of 2.5 times the rental amount. EX: $1,000/ month rental price. Must have a minimum of $2500 gross income per month.
- No recent evictions.
- No current landlord debt.
- 18+ years of age.
- No negative rental history.
- Applicants with obsessive amounts of collections debt will be denied.
- No landlord debt over the past 7 years.
- No current liens.
- No current negative utility accounts.
Here are some examples of adequate income verification: most recent 2-3 paycheck stubs, full payroll print out from your employer, a copy of previous years tax returns, proof of retirement income, proof of any liquid assets (EX: bank accounts, stock accounts), last two bank statements, proof of any government income (EX: social security, welfare, disability), child/spousal support, or any other verifiable legal income.
*Please attach all the above documents to your online application. Remember we will not process any applications that are not 100% complete. If you are having difficulty completing the application, please contact us directly.
*We will contact your previous landlords. Please provide your last 3 rental references. We will verify through the county tax records that the landlord reference owns the property.
*If your application is approved, we may require 2-3 business days to get the property ready for move in. If you have not viewed the unit, we highly recommend doing so. Not viewing the property can be a reason your application is not considered over other approved applicants.
PETS: All pets will need to be screened through our third-party vendor petscreening.com. Please note having pets may be a reason your application is subordinate to other application. You must provide a photo of your pet(s).
Your application will automatically be denied if you have an Eviction Record, Negative Landlord Reference, Landlord Related Collection, Write Off, or Judgement (needs to be settled for a minimum of six months).
*Please list the earliest date you are willing to start your lease. When picking an applicant, we highly consider the move in date.
*If multiple applicants score the same we will then look at other factors like highest FICO score, earliest move-in date and we will pick the best applicant.
We appreciate you taking the time to read our rental requirements. We look forward to the possibility of having you as a tenant in one of our properties. If you need any clarification on our rental requirements, please reach out to our office directly and call us at 619-738-4082 or email email@example.com